Spaceman

| Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lets pray

"Dear Lord, thank You for letting me see this. Your creation. Glorious stuff. I know you don't need to hear it because when you look up the word "Glorious" in the Holy Bible, Your character and creation keeps on showing up all over the place. But, yeah, thanks. Only You know how much I need this. In Jesus' name I pray, AAAAAAAAAAAmen."

You know that feeling of like odd holiness you get once you pray? No, not during, but like when the prayer is in transit to heaven"? Like He's listening and what you asked for might come true? The kind of optimism only He can bring? You know what I mean? It's that very same feeling I get when I see out my window. I feel closer to God when I see this place. It is believed that, in the realm of the SDA Universities, SAU is the most beautiful of all campuses. I was born to dispel this fallacy. For those that are familiar with the Chattanooga area, imagine the view from Lookout Ant Pile, (yeah I said it. I can't call it by that hollowed "M" word anymore.) towards Chattanooga, at day and night. But instead of the comical hills that you look at in the distance, here you see Mt. Blanc. Snowcapped year round. The tallest point in all of Western Europe. The rest of the mountains are proper. By that I mean that they do justice to the word. From my room, I can see everything that there is to see in Geneva. In the day time there is a natural haze that is by no way reminiscent to Los Angeles. It's like "organic" haze. No not "Purple Haze" as some might know, that's quite different. There is this massive mountain behind the mens residence hall that reminds me of what Lookout A.H. (for short) would look like if it was taller and was shaved. It's one of the biggest areas for parasailing and mountain gliding. Collonges-sous-Saleve looks like a green Italian country side at the edge of a metropolis. I hate to invoke the image of the cheeky little blokes on the other side of the border but I don't know a better way to describe this place. People? Suffice to say that they haven't utterly made fun of me for my name and the lack of french output on my behalf. I feel like a "Spaceman" it like I've known my whole life that the moon is out there. Out of my reach. But through a special set of circumstances, I'm here now. I'm on my proverbial moon. I don't know how to act, a spaceman can't act like a citizen of the moon, he has no idea what that means. I too feel that way. I'm not french. I hear people talk like french people and it makes me smile. I know what it sounds like because of my father. He's always talked like that and when he talks to his people it sounds like he's in a movie. That's how foreign french sounds right now. I really hope that I can really assimilate this language and make it my own. French, maybe I'll sound like it some day. Soon, hopefully.

Getting here was a complicated matter.

My original gate.

My real gate.

My delayed gate.

More pictures to come. Just click on these for the full effect.


0 comments: